About Me

Spokane, WA, United States
I am currently a middle school/high school teacher at Northwest Christian Schools, inc. (www.nwcs.org) in Spokane, WA. I live with my two cats, Chopsticks and Essie. I have an astoundingly great family and the most beautiful niece in the world. I love the life God has given me.

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Monkeys!

There is no better way to describe what the last two days have been like for me. I'll make a quick update here, and then I have almost 300 pictures and 7 videos to share. That includes the slideshow I have promised. I finally figured out that I am required to have special permissions to post a video longer than 10 minutes. So, I have split the video into two pieces and both are now posted to YouTube (Yay!!!).



On Saturday, Dhinegar, Parthiban and I rode our bikes to Pondicherry. It took us about 20 minutes (which everyone I talked to said was pretty stinkin' fast). It was exhilerating. I felt like I was riding for dear life the whole way ... and I pretty much was. It is all about being the more aggresive one. It's all crazy weaving. I will never fear riding my bike in Seattle or Spokane again ( : Pondicherry is so different from anything else I have ever experienced. It is beautiful. I loved just sitting down on the beach with Dhinegar and Parthiban. They also had a wonderful Bazaar. No pictures of that one, sorry. I look forward to returning there soon - maybe next weekend.



Yesterday, the whole boarding house got into a big van and headed for the Golden Temple in Vellu. It was beyond description - incredibly ornante with far-reaching gardens, intricate fountains and a huge golden temple housing a god. Wow! We stopped in an inspiringly beautiful field for breakfast along the way. The farming here is an amazing sight. We visited a museum (with artifacts that are over 1,000 years old!), played around at an ancient fort, saw another temple, swam in small waterfall in the hills, and had dinner out. Oh yeah, and we saw a bunch of wild monkies. I have great pictures and videos of all of the above.



Finally, there are some pictures from last Tuesday when the whole New Creation Bilingual School went to a theatre right next to town hall to watch the strangest puppet show I have ever seen, put on by a French woman. Enjoy!



PS - Sorry I'm not very chatty now. I'm busy uploading all of these pictures and videos. Once I'm finished, the kids and I are going to the beach to swim and play. I figured whoever reads all of this could use a break from last week ( : Here are the pictures and videos:



Pictures of the Field Trip on Tuesday: http://picasaweb.google.com/magicalmatt/TripToTownHall#



Pictures of Our Trip to the Golden Temple: http://picasaweb.google.com/magicalmatt/TripToTheGoldenTemple#



SLIDESHOW Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdUkWzKohtg



SLIDESHOW Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dasPpImHDmo (This video has been muted because I used a copywrited song as the background music. So sue me! Um, actually they might.)



Video of the van ride to the golden temple: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNh8cf7j4fE



Video of the place we ate breakfast: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMMniQ_I4Q4



Video of the museum we visited: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d29IPnyk5LY



Video of the fort we checked out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wu69M5-9SJ0



Video of the water falls we saw: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcIBqbagh5U



Video of WILD MONKIES!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwFGNC8vsfw

3 comments:

Matt Mulder said...

Careful, I hear they throw poo. :) I have to watch all of the videos w/out sound since I'm at work. My co-workers might worry if they heard a bunch of monkey screams coming from my office. There are drawbacks to living out in the woods, ie, no internet.

Matt said...

Wait, don't they already here a bunch of monkey screams coming from your office? ( :

ana's world said...

thank you mr. halpin im competing next saturday and ill post some videos!