I just met with Jean (the professor I'm going to India with) on Wednesday night with another girl named Sabrina. She is a Kindergarten teacher who will be going with us to Auroville for 3 weeks. It sounds like I have a place to stay, high-speed internet, and two schools to work in. One school has confirmed for sure while the other is waiting for approval from some kind of volunteer board. Jean says it won't be any problem.
So that will be awesome! I will be working in one Tamil school and one European school. One is younger age (elementaryish) and the other is older age (high schoolish). I am so excited to be there and take lots of pictures of the kids in the school and post them.
That's it for now!
PS - Jean says you pretty much take your shoes off any time you go inside anywhere. Cool!
About Me
- Matt
- Spokane, WA, United States
- I am currently a middle school/high school teacher at Northwest Christian Schools, inc. (www.nwcs.org) in Spokane, WA. I live with my two cats, Chopsticks and Essie. I have an astoundingly great family and the most beautiful niece in the world. I love the life God has given me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Well, too cool Matt! I'd love to read about your adventures and pray for you! Be blessed my friend!
I never got into blogging before I met some friends that live on the other side of the country... I know what you mean about it being silly, but I've sort of got addicted to it since starting. Strange!
Jen
Yay! I hope I don't get too into blogging. Will I be able to let go once I get back from India? Anyway, I'm glad you got my e-mail and checked it out.
yeah for India! I'll be sure to check up on your adventures matt, as I'm sure you will have many to come. Hope you have a great time!
sara
Okay - not knowing what i am doing with a blog - let me know if this shows up 6 times:)
My students will be studying Asia while you are there so it will be great fun to keep up with your trip and to have my kids pray for you.
Much love and prayers!
Sara! I'm glad you found this.
Cathy,
Your message only came up once (: Yay! I will try to think about questions I can ask your students about Asia while I'm over there. Maybe I'll have some kind of picture and activity so you can link to my Blog in school and have them work on something together. I think that would be cool.
Post a Comment